Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ups and downs

My week was pretty full and exhausting, which I didn't realize until I sat down at dinner Friday night and one of my friends asked me what I had done. When I started going through the weeks activities, and her eyes slowly widened as I didn't stop talking for a while, I realized how much I had been up to. Regardless, the weekend was an extremely nice wind down.

Patty had a couple of friends visiting for a couple of days. They decided to rent a car so that they could get around easily, and since my place is on the way and way back from the city they were generous enough to pick me up and drop me off where ever we went. Friday night we went out to a nice dinner at Sprat-Net (I got some yummy Mahi-Mahi) and we got coffee at Rituals (I really wish it was closer and more accessible to me!) On Saturday we went to Brimstone Hill, had lunch at a random hole in the wall in Sandy Point, limed at Rawlins Plantation Inn, stopped by Anne's place to watch the sunset and then checked out Eddie's band and had dinner at Fisherman's Wharf. 

 
 Me and Patty at the top of the fortress

  
 I had to take this picture, very appropriate =) 

  
 One of the beautiful cottages complete with spiral staircase at Rawlins Plantation

  
 On Sunday we spent the day at Reggae Beach. This is Wilbur the famous 500 lb boar. I wasn't too keen on posing and sitting on him.

 
A gorgeous view of the southern peninsula

This coming Monday, March 1st is the official 49th anniversary of the day JFK started the Peace Corps. So for Peace Corps day we are having an event in Independence Square. Our hopes are to share the history of the Peace Corps as a volunteer organization both in the Eastern Caribbean and the world with the people of the federation. We are gearing the event around the three goals of the Peace Corps with informational booths, games, music and more.

One of my tasks for the day (including other things that have come packed full of frustrations), is setting up a live stream for the day. So hopefully (keep your fingers crossed!) on March 1st between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm you will be able to log on to the url below and see what we are up to right there and then =)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/peace-corps-day-2010--st-kitts-nevis


On a side note, I feel like the bugs are having fun playing tic tac toe on my body because there are bug bites everywhere. I've also learned that I have no qualms about squishing bugs with my bare hands anymore. I'm still scared of roaches, but the rest of the bugs I think I can handle. I randomly clap my hands and scream with joy and triumph from having smushed a mosquito.

No comments:

Post a Comment