Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

Saturday I went to my first national football game at Warner Park. Not American football, I guess 'soccer' for most people. It was SKN vs. Guadeloupe, and we won! Patty was spending the night at my place, so I dragged her along but I think she enjoyed herself too. It was a lot of fun to hear some of the local men getting really into the game, their commentary in dialect was pretty interesting.


David & Ingrid are fully integrated with their Kittitian flag color shirt and headband =)

On Saturday David, Ingrid, Anne, George, Patty and I spent the day at  Bird Rock Beach. It's a little out of the way and hard to get to, but so worth it for the private little cove. We did some snorkeling and even tried to fly a kite. We unfortunately didn't get too far with the second endeavour.

Ingrid let me borrow her snorkel gear and I got to see some zebra fish, eel, black coral, sea urchins and sergeant majors.
Yes, that's a ziploc full of the cookies I baked

This is about as high as the kite got

I loved how the Kittitian and tourist kids were playing together without thinking twice about the differences between them.


Today I went to the Easter celebration races at the Horse track. I've been meaning to check it out for a while now, so when Kelsey said she and her parents were going today I thought it was just as good a time as any other. I actually ended up running into quite a few of my Kittitian friends too. I even placed a really small place bet (meaning there would be a payout if my horse won either first or second place). I only won XCD $2.5 (a bus fare into town!), but if I had bet to win I would have gotten XCD $37. Oh well, at least I didn't lose!



 
Kim was wearing her Kittitian gear, it's a big thing to use every excuse to dress up over here


They had a Brown Sugar fashion show too and a concert with Infamus. While we were weaving our way through the crowd trying to get to the exit, a fight broke out (we got shoved around a lot). Apparently there were some guns involved... but we were ok. Security kicked em out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment