Thursday, November 18, 2010

Opposites

Maybe New York wasn't the best place to go right after St. Kitts. It was overwhelming to say the least. I still had a great time with my amazing friends there (thank you Sameer, Fati, Zaynab, Inayat and Farah!) but it was just a lot to handle. New York is just as busy, fast paced, crazy, overwhelming and COLD as St. Kitts is slow, relaxed, laid-back and hot. There were too many choices, and everyone knows I don't do well with making decisions. I don't know how well I'm readjusting. And part of what makes it hard is that I didn't have the time to get ready for it. And also the fact that I'm not settling back to a particular lifestyle. I'm jumping around. And even though that's what I want because I'm not quite ready to start a settled calm life just yet, my head feels like a crowded train track collision waiting to happen. I'm sick of living out of a suitcase, but I'm not ready to hang up all my clothes just yet either.

 We got into the MOMA for free =)
The statue of liberty
Van Gogh at the MOMA!  
 New York skyline from the top of the rock
The UN building... the only way I will ever move back to the cold east coast


I'm in the DC/VA area until the end of the month, then I'm back in California November 30th, before heading out to Kuwait on December 9th. I'll stay there for a bit and then move on to Pakistan on the 20th to begin relief work with the Saba Trust Foundation: http://www.sabatrust.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment