Friday, May 28, 2010

You're beautiful as you are, just like a shining star

The first time I heard it, I actually thought it was semi-creative. The second time I heard a man yell out 'Baby, you're beautiful as you are, just like a shining star', I thought MAYBE it was the same guy as last time? But now that I've heard it a couple of times, it must be a Kittitian thing.

With the heavy rains flooding under my front door, and my washing machine leaking again, I think the world is trying to tell me to stop being lazy and mop the darn floor. I really need to put up a clothes line inside my house. I've waited quite a while for a day to do my laundry, and thought it was safe enough today because the sun was shining this morning when I threw my towels and sheets in the machine. But nooooo, of course it had to start pouring half an hour after I put them out on the line.

I think I have come to a self-realization about myself. My close friends know that I joke and 'complain' about being 'homeless' and how I haven't stayed in one place for too long. But secretly, I love it. I think I honestly feel safer in my temporary homes and environments. It's almost like a safety net, because its easier to let go and move on when you know that's not where you're going to stay. That I have a chance to start again? I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else. That being said, I've still never done well with letting go of people and places.

 Random graffitti and scenes around the island

I don't know her name, but she's always sitting and selling fruit on Bay road. And I've never seen her smile, but that's almost part of her charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment