Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A good beginning to an even better year

Today was an awesome day. The sun being out makes the world smile. Even though everywhere I went smelled of poop. Even though there was a horrible car accident on the island main road and all the buses were diverted and I didn't know where to go. Even though I got the jerk of a bus driver who tried jipping me and made me walk all the way up the hill with my laptop and groceries in the dark. Even though it was my third day of sitting and waiting at the electricity company for hours and I still didnt get to pay my bill. Even then it was a wonderful day.

The sun was out. I had a fun interview on the radio. Did some unintentional networking at the coffee shop and made some great contacts for the Diabetes Association. Ran into some friends while trying to figure out the buses at the accident site. Talked to random people and made good conversation while waiting at the electricity company. Had some awesome johnny bakes. Walked a bunch and worked up a sweat. Got a lead on a location for the diabetes center. Made a new friend on the ride with the yucky bus driver. Felt productive. I felt like there is a reason I'm here =)

1 comment:

  1. There certainly is a reason you're there. To pass your positive thinking on to others and warm the hearts of those of us who learn through your adventures. You are a joy! :)

    ReplyDelete