Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanksgiving countdown

I have a problem. I try multi-tasking too much, and then I get side tracked and start doing things I never meant to and don't always finish everything. So I always feel incomplete and unfinished because I don't just work on one or two things at a time. For instance, while I am blogging I am looking up Thanksgiving recipes, checking my email, reading the news, working on strategic plans for SOS and organizing my papers. I need to slow down.

I went in to AVEC today. One of the biggest problems is motivating the kids. AVEC is basically for all the kids kicked out of secondary school, or the dropouts. The IT class is very practical, for skills they can actually use in an office environment etc. But when attendance is less than 50%, teaching can be a little frustrating. Wish me luck with this TA and substitute assignment. On a brighter note, it's another resume building activity.

For Thanksgiving, we've already started our prep. It's going to be potluck style at Will's place, since he has an awesome backyard perfect for the occasion. I think Julie Ann, Will, Kelsey and me are the most excited. Julie Ann and Will want to have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving =) There's going to be A LOT of food. I can't wait, 23 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment