Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sprat Net

David, Julie Ann and I won the PDM competition so Dougie treated us to dinner at Sprat Net. We all ordered the lobster... I don't think I'm a huge fan. I like lobster meat in cakes, wontons and bisque. But on it's own, I need more seasoning. But it was still really good. And I absolutely LOVE Sprat Net. Awesome setting and the owners are super nice. Sophie/Amar I am totally taking you here when you come. 






Julie Ann spent thursday night over at my place after dinner, so we stayed up pretty late talking which was really nice. I really wished we'd been placed on the same island =( Darn the disconnect between St. Kitts and Nevis.

Friday morning we went over to Kim and Geoff's and baked sugar cookies and cupcakes to decorate for the Halloween party Kim threw for the kids with disabilities on Saturday. I had wanted to stop by BUT the last minute community committee meeting with SOS ran a lot longer than I had anticipated and it was getting dark by the time I got on the bus so I just went straight to David and Ingrid's. They had everyone over for a Halloween game night and made some really good chili and garlic bread for everyone. They are the most awesome, gracious, generous hosts ever.

Moving on: I feel like I'm always busy but nothing is really happening. I don't know how I can have so much to do but not really be getting anything done. Everyone keeps saying to have patience and to take things slow. But that's another thing. Anyone that knows me, knows I am one of the most impatient people you will ever meet. I HATE waiting and I hate being late. I don't know how I've survived the bus system here so far. Or lack thereof. It's basically like the vans in Pakistan. There is no schedule, no bus stops. There are a few designated spots that the buses always go to, but you basically just flag a bus down when and where you see it. From town, they always wait till its completely full before leaving so you might be sitting and waiting on the bus for 45 minutes before it actually leaves. And they have this thing where they pull in and out honking the horn for quite a while before they leave, letting everyone know they are going to be leaving soon. But soon is a relative term.

Nothing happens when it rains. If you have a meeting, forget about it. And even if it's not raining, meetings are more likely than not to be 'postponed' for some reason or the other. Getting things done is pretty difficult. It's part of the extremely laid back attitude here. I'm already worried about how this is going to affect me when I come back home, readjusting to the fast-pace of life in the states is going to be really hard.

On a happier note, I really like my place and neighborhood and feel pretty well settled in here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment