Saturday, September 12, 2009

BBQ


We had a BBQ at Cockleshell Beach today, that the EC 78 group put together for all of us (thank you so much guys!) The guys spent forever grilling some great chicken for us, and some of the volunteers and host families brought side dishes including some awesome macaroni pie and some amazing johnny cakes. All I can say is that I absolutely love every one of the PC volunteers I'm here with =)

Geoff said something the other day that I really liked: "You're going to make a difference even if you do nothing at all" He was referring to how we are making a difference by becoming a part of the community, even if none of our projects take off. That is a very comforting idea.

Oh and Sophie, I saw my first two monkeys today driving to and from the beach. It was not cute. 

2 comments:

  1. Um, I think you forgot to mention the delicious cake we had for dessert ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, the cake has it's own entry in my sugar high blog!

    ReplyDelete