Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Projects Galore

I think I've bitten off more than I can chew.

Potential projects:

1) SOS- Shaping Our Society
2) Green Valley Festival Committee
3) Cayon Primary School:
- Establishment and organization of PTA
- After School Reading Project
4) Cayon High School
5) Diabetes Center
6) Secondary Baking Workshop
7) Dieppe Bay Primary School Library foundation
8) Rotary Club

The first two are the primary projects I was sent here to work on and they are going to involve the most work. Or atleast they're supposed to be what I dedicate most of my time to.

I met with Mr. Bailey, a member of the Rotary Club here in St. Kitts, today. I got in touch with him because David, my former boss when I worked at For Granted, Inc. sent a shipment of books etc. out here to St. Kitts and Mr. Bailey was his contact person. So he asked me to follow up on the materials they received. It was a really productive meeting. I found out a lot about the Rotary Club (and was invited to join!) and learned a lot about what the community needs. Mr. Bailey is an extremely sweet retired man who genuinely cares about the community and I really look forward to working with him for the next two years. Tomorrow I have my shadowing assignment with someone from the Green Valley Festival Committee, and a meeting with a woman about the baking workshop. Here's to the beginning of productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment